Monday, March 17, 2014

HOME! - Pittsburgh


I cannot even describe what the experience was like being at home in front of my hometown audience.  It was absolutely amazing and something that I will always remember forever.  Walking around town and people know who I am and where I have come from and what it took for me to get to where I am today, makes the experience that much sweeter.  I definitely did not want to leave.


Even though it was a very busy week, there was still time to do a little exploring in the city.  Believe it or not, because I am a little distance outside of the city, there are still places that I have not gotten to see yet.  However, there are others that some never get to experience and one of those was performing at CONSOL Energy Center and getting a tour of the Penguins Locker Room by the CEO of the team!  Go Pens!!


Aside from all of that excitement, it was a gorgeous day for the walk down and around the Point and through the Market District.  There was even time to actually go home and spend some time with my family and even sleep in my own bed!  It may not seem like much, but the difference between a hotel bed and your bed is huge when you haven't been in it for so long. It is not just about the bed however, you never know the feeling of being away so long and how sweet it is to come home until it actually happens.  Seeing so many familiar faces was absolutely amazing.  


Also, getting outside the city in the outskirts of town and then slowly making my way to the country is definitely a breath of fresh air.  It was all about the little things that made this trip so much better and now I can finally have an answer to the question, "Where is your favorite place that you have been so far?"  Of course, it is going to be Pittsburgh!  There is nothing quite like you will experience when you perform in your hometown and it really is an opportunity of a lifetime!


However, the week did have to come to end, but we were not headed too far.

See you in the town where "Slap Shot" was filmed!





No comments:

Post a Comment