Thursday, April 10, 2014

Colorado Springs - Headquarters for Basically Every Sport


Welcome to elevation!  Never did I realize how much different things would be trying to breath at altitude and trust me after three weeks of being above sea-level, it still is a struggle to maintain your breath all the way up there.  Even the smallest and easiest things can cause you to be out of breath.  I can completely respect the fact that the top athletes come to train in the Springs to get that extra edge and build up their stamina.


Anyways, the scenic views totally make up for it the struggle to breath at points.  I do not think that I have ever been somewhere so beautiful before.


Having never been to Colorado before, it just made sense to continue trying new things in a new place. I had my first Baskin Robins ice cream, my first pedicure, and went horseback riding for the first time!  I also choreographed my first program and presented it.  It felt amazing to get back out there reminiscing over how much it reminded me of my previous competitive career and how much I miss it; which I never thought I would say.


Going to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and feeding the giraffes, seeing Pikes Peak that was still covered in snow, feeling the wind, dirt, and sand hit your face as your horse carried you through the Garden of the Gods, walking through the elegant Broadmoor hotel surrounded by boutiques and unique eateries along with an exquisite landscape for the resort, as well as the mansions that were found located all around this area were all more than I could have imagined to see.


If this wasn't enough, being able to skate on ice that Olympians trained on year after year and just being in the same facility that people like Peggy Flemming and Patrick Chan, fills you with such an amazing and honored kind-of feeling.


Also, being home to the World Figure Skating Museum and Hall of Fame really made me feel like a little girl with big dreams all over again.


Overall, being in Colorado Springs was such an amazing experience and I cannot believe that I was able to experience it traveling around the country at this point in my life.


Although the Centennial State was breath-taking, literally, it is time to get back to sea-level!







No comments:

Post a Comment