Monday, January 19, 2015

I'm Coming Home!

Cleveland, Ohio

There is no better feeling than coming home after a long time away.  Seeing familiar scenery and not having a worry in the world.  Yes, it was a only a short time, but it was just enough.  Home really is where the heart is and nothing will ever change that.  


Don't get me wrong having friends and family visit on the road is definitely nice and much appreciated, but there is something about walking in the door to the place I grew up and seeing the house still decorated for the holidays and sleeping in the my own room in my own bed.  It never gets old.  


It was the first time we have had four days off since before we left for rehearsals back in July, so needless to say, this was my first time home since then as well.  

Ah the country side…


The time always flies and I wished it could have been longer, but it was time to get back and bring all the skating supply presents from the skate shop.  

It was like Christmas all over again!   


And because I was relatively close to home, this time with my family was extended as well as some friends came to visit!

I know I say this every time, but saying goodbye never gets easy.  I know I will see everyone again at some point, its just the waiting process and knowing that they will not physically be there every step of the way.  


However, pushing those thoughts out of my head, it was time to enjoy the time that they were there and soak it all in.  And what a better way of doing so, than at the Chocolate Bar!


I couldn't even believe my eyes! I was lost in chocolate…


It was a great place to warm up after those negative temperatures outside and falling snow flakes.   

Just like all other good things, they must come to end and become a memory in the past.  

Moving forward, we were into a different time zone...






No comments:

Post a Comment