Monday, March 21, 2016

Sunshine

Ft. Myers, FL

I know some may think I missed out on some amazing beaches and an island with unique sea-life, but to be honest, I was perfectly happy and content at home.  It’s not very often that anyone gets to perform at home and even stay at home after the show is done in that city.  So, I made sure to soak it all in or as least as much I could possibly squeeze into about two and a half days. 


Of course, you can never get enough home-cooked meals to make up for a year away from home, and there are never enough hugs to go around, and it always seems as if the days are so much shorter at home.  There’s always more to do than there are hours in the day and more people to see and places to be than is actually possible for one person to do.  And sometimes you just need to sit down, take a deep breath, and watch the sun set.  Everything just seems to disappear.


However, soon enough the time had come and I had to be on my way.  Another flight down and soon enough I was out of the crazy March weather of Pittsburgh and in the sunny, warm, humid Floridian heat. 


Without days left to spend at the beach and working with the only time I did have, I was able to soak in some rays by the pool and thank goodness for that.  My winter skin was finally starting to blend in a little easier with everyone’s sun-kissed golden tans. 



And not only did the sun kiss our skin, it also seemed to have the same effect on the ice.  By the time Sunday rolled around, we were practically skating on paint.  Luckily, it was our last day in the tiny, cramped venue and we were on our way to Sunrise.   



No comments:

Post a Comment