Monday, May 15, 2017

OOO LA LAA

Paris, France

I can’t believe I am here.  I mean I am really here!  Paris was one of the most beautiful and most dangerous cities I have ever been too.  Just gazing up at the Eiffel Tower was enough for me to question if this was real life or a dream.  But aside from the amazing sites, there were some pretty scary moments too.  If you ever find yourself wondering around this iconic city, be sure to steer clear of the metro stop Gard Du Noir and be prepared for the Air Raid Siren to sound at noon on any given Wednesday. 


Talk about life flashing right before your eyes…I really thought that was it. 



However, quickly reassured we were ok and that it was just a drill, things slowly got back to normal and with some luck we had fewer shows this week than predicted so we were able to enjoy more of the city. 


This was the last big city before we head home for this portion of tour so we were making the most of it.  I know I probably say this quite often, but I can’t get over how I never thought I would be in some of these places.  Never in my life did I think I would be this far away from home let alone standing in front of Notre Dame or at the Arch de Triumph or strolling along the main shopping strip of Champ de Elysees or watching the sunset in the gardens behind the Louvre in the Place de la Concord.  I am literally just in amazement and even though the Key Bridge has been modified and stripped of most of the Love Locks, everyone has found a way to attach one of their own.  If you look close you can find them hanging from the light poles that line the bridge.  It might not be directly on the bridge, but it is the thought that counts and the true meaning. 


And as much as I wanted to keep the keys that came along with the lock, in order for love to remain true and hopes of your wish coming true they have to be thrown into the river below. 


Believing in true love and fairy tales just seems to be the story of this city as we found ourselves at Disneyland Paris!  Sometimes you just have to release the little kid inside.



Well, this city has been absolutely amazing but we are nearing the end with only one more stop in France before returning home.   




No comments:

Post a Comment