Saturday, June 17, 2017

The Gong

Wollongong, Australia

To be honest I feel a bit like I am on spring break right now. The waves are crashing off the coast, the golfers are out swinging away, the surfers are riding the waves, the sun is shining, and the temperature is rising.  I could get used to winters like this. 


We are literally right on the beach this week if you haven’t guessed and it is absolutely amazing.  We are away from all the hustle bustle of the city traffic. 


And I don’t know about you, but I still get excited to see lighthouses.  I mean that’s probably because I don’t actually recall ever seeing one to be honest and there were two!  There was a smaller original lighthouse constructed close to the Wollongong Port until the shipping area grew and the Flagstaff Point Lighthouse was built. 


Having trails leading us directly there or to the beach, it made for the perfect get-a-way.  And even though seeing everything in the sun was nice and we got a little sun-kissed, the scenery at dusk was magnificent. 


It was the perfect temperature for an evening run, taking me back to my college days.  The sun was just beginning to set, the sky was changing colors like those in a painting, the waves were rolling in, the breeze had a slight chill, and the animals were starting to settle in for the night. 


Before I knew it, the sun had gone to bed for the night and the stars began to shine.  I found myself looking up, trying not to miss a moment of it, in search of the Big Dipper and Orion’s Belt and then I realized I was under a different set of starts.  For the first time ever, I was in a realm under different constellations just gazing up at pure amazement.  What a sight to see!

It’s moments like these that make you really appreciate your journey through life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment