Monday, December 30, 2013

Home was Calling My Name


No sooner did we arrive in Providence, Rhode Island I found myself on a plane heading home for Christmas!! I was so excited that the fact that I actually needed to sleep never even crossed my mind.  I was running on pure adrenaline.  I had one thing on my mind and that was to get home for the holidays.

Monday morning could not come soon enough!!

Finally, I was on my way to the airport and flight number one went smoothly and then it was time to wait for flight number two.


As soon as the plane touched down, I could not get off the plane quick enough to see my family and friends!! I was on Cloud 9 and in my glory when I was at home.  It was the best decision that I have ever made, spending the money to come home to be with the one's that mean the most.


There are other opportunities to travel and sight see, but you are only given one official family in your life and sometimes you just have to show them how much you appreciate them and how much they mean to you.  Since I have been on the road the last few months, I have come to realize the importance of the little things and family especially.  Even though we have been apart most of this time, we are still strongly tied to one another with a bond that cannot be broken and there is no distance that I would not travel just to be with them again for the holidays.


There is no word to describe how excited and happy I was to be home for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  I was overjoyed and in the place that I needed to be.  There is no better feeling than to be surrounded with those that you love and your family on the holidays to boost your spirits.


However, the time was quick at home and it was time to get back to work.  I mean, we had to perform 12 shows in the next five days!!




No comments:

Post a Comment