Sunday, January 12, 2014

It is all about how you spend your Days Off - Uniondale, NY


The extreme cold hit again this week and we were back in the Empire State.  While some ventured back into NYC and others took to the malls and shopping around the hotel, others took time to catch up on some much needed sleep.  These last couple weeks have been getting busier and it is going to pick up from here as well.


Braving the single digits that feel like negative temperatures, being outside was for the daring.  I felt like it was better to hibernate and wait for warmer temperatures that came in two days.


After it made it to the balmy 20 degree mark, it was time to go exploring and so nice to see a familiar face on tour.  I will have to say even though I am not around home, seeing someone that I know on the road is such an uplift.  It breaks up the normal routine of not knowing anyone in some places and gives me something to look forward to when I get to a city that I have a few friends or family in.


It is also an escape from the normal sight seeing experiences and places to see and schedules.  It gives me a chance to break free and get a different taste of things.  It is always nice to make new memories and explore the unusual.


Being from a small town and going to a small high school and college; the city life is definitely different from the one-lane country roads that lead to the middle of no where at home.  So, I never thought it would be possible to actually drive downtown New York City in a car, but guess what...that's exactly what we did! So many sights that I may have never seen on foot, I was able to see - the Brooklyn Bridge, the World Trade Center, the Globe from Men In Black, Times Square, Madison Square Garden, Citi Field, the Barclay's Center, Brooklyn, and Queens!!


Honestly, as nice as it is to explore all these places, being able to see my friends that otherwise I may never have seen, is even better!





No comments:

Post a Comment