Monday, May 4, 2015

NOLA

New Orleans, Louisiana

Bring on the fried chicken, gumbo, and Bourbon Street because here we come New Orleans! 


I have always wanted to come here and couldn’t be happier that I was given this opportunity while performing.  I don’t think the plane could have gotten there any faster and go figure I was on the later flight too.  Anyhow, we made it through travel day and got to the hotel smoothly so it was time to enjoy NOLA and what it had to offer.


Of course there were so many places that were just “Must See’s” like Bourbon Street, the French Quarter, the Garden District, all of the shopping, the beautiful homes and gardens, the Café Du Monde, and of course friends from college!


Everything just seemed to come together this week.  We were in a beautiful place with amazing weather and sunshine and the timing was impeccable.


Not only were we performing on a college campus (University of New Orleans), the friends that I got to see were from college and we all ran both track and cross country together and it just so happened to be; that at home for SRU (Slippery Rock University) it was PSAC (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference) Track Championships as well.  


So needless to say, there were so many memories that came pouring back especially since one of my friends works in the very arena that we were performing in as an athletic trainer.  That meant that most of my spare time I spent in the ATR (athletic training room), just as I did in college, but this time it was just to visit and hang out instead.  Also, the hurdles in the gym made it hard to resist not attempting the drills we used to do in practice.  Its funny how things always have a way of circling back around at just the right moments. 


And even though we were performing on the smallest ice we have ever seen this tour, just five headers, there was so much more to enjoy about the week. 


I could definitely see myself coming back.  This city lived up to all my expectations and more. 


See you down the road NOLA, off to Baton Rouge.







No comments:

Post a Comment