Monday, February 22, 2016

Birthday Week!

San Jose, CA

So, I am officially a quarter of a century old.  However, it is amazing what a difference of a year makes.  Last year we were in Boston, Massachusetts at this time and there was nine feet of snow on the ground.  This year, it was almost 80 degrees and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky as the sun was shining down on us.  It was a nice change especially because there is snow back home in Pennsylvania right now too. 


Topping it off, there was a really nice pool area this week with a hot tub and a spacious seating area in the courtyard.  One thing we have never had, which was conveniently located next to the pool, was a miniature golf course!  And maybe there wasn’t a court to play basketball or volleyball this week, but the hot tub definitely was put to use.  Whether it was a one-show, two-show, or three-show day, you were bound to find someone relaxing under the stars. 


Ah, the little things.  Speaking of those, this was one of the best birthdays that I have had away from home and it was my first-ever pool and hot tub birthday party!  (I sound so much like a little kid right now.) 


Not only did I get a surprise from my family at home, but the surprises kept coming.  I am so thankful to be surrounded by the people that I am and to have friends that think of the littlest of things and a family that supports and cares about me no matter where I may be. 


And this time, I was all the way out in Cali and on the run!  Continuing the week-old tradition it was time for Run Club again!  This week we were off through the streets of San Jose and wow was it hard to run past an ice cream shop.  Any who, we kept going and going and going like the energizer bunny. 


Then, like any other week it was time to pack up and head on to the next point of interest.

Here we come Oakland, our last stop in California for this tour. 






No comments:

Post a Comment