Monday, November 17, 2014

In the City that Never Sleeps

Brooklyn, NY

After circling in the city for about 30 minutes, the second bus was finally able to unload at the hotel.  I swear the smallest hotels are in Brooklyn.  You are practically on top of the other person in your room at all times and there is no space to breathe.  It says something when you can't even lay your suitcases out or fit two people walking in between the beds at once.

So, instead of always wanting to go "home" everyone wanted to get out of the hotel and enjoy their own space.


Speaking of which, it was really enjoyable to be able to do some catching up with friends from college. I really don't know what I would do if I wasn't able to see people I knew while I was on the road.  It is a nice break and changes up the pace of things and it gives me a chance to get away from everything.


And with that, being in all these cities and seeing how close-quartered everything is; really makes me appreciate the country and living in the middle of no where so much more!


Yes the fancy shops and the bright lights are nice and pleasing to look at, but bonfires, open fields, trucks, and farmland are so much more appealing to me.

Aside from the hustle and bustle, it was having already been to Brooklyn to see things that I haven't seen before.  On top of that, this time we were not walking everywhere in over a foot of snow either!  That was a definite plus.


It's funny what you notice the second time around.

See you in Jersey!




No comments:

Post a Comment