Sunday, March 22, 2015

Canada Round 2

Toronto, Canada

It was back to Canada for round two of two this tour season.  This time we were in Toronto and soon I was going to be taking a side trip to London, Ontario.  Not only was this only the second time that I rented a car, but it also had a lot of firsts that went along with it.


It was the first time that I drove a car since my drivers test because I am definitely a truck-kind of girl, and it was my first time driving a Chevy product as well.  I feel like a traitor and will only ever drive a dodge again if it is up to me. 


Not only that, but this was also my first time driving internationally and in a city as well; being from the country, I never venture in town with the truck.


Even though some of these may seem as if they are small firsts like driving in a parking garage and through a truck stop, but they are still big firsts for me.

Continuing the theme of “firsts” it was time to go home and meet the parents with Jesse and see where he was from. 


Here we come London, Ontario.

It was great to get away and walk around a new town, but before we knew it, it was time to get back to Toronto and just in time for St. Patrick’s Day!


While the spirits were high, the workweek began and this time the venue was just three elevator rides away. 

Walking into a baseball field as the venue was a little intimidating seeing all the seats extending in every direction, but the more surprising feature was the fact that our makeup rooms and costume rooms were tents.  We definitely got the feeling of being on a baseball field with all the dirt still covering the floor.  Staying clean was not something that was easy this time. 


However, keeping the show in tip-top shape was a must with special visits from the D-15 performers along with Patty Vincent, one of the choreographers of the show as well as Javier Fernandez and Elvis Stojko!!

It was a busy week, but a good one at that!


Thank you Canada, but it is time to head back to the states and warm weather.

See you in the Lone Star State!!





No comments:

Post a Comment