Wednesday, March 18, 2015

State Side

Auburn Hills, Michigan

It was a week of a few firsts and trying to new things.  Not only did I rent my first ever vehicle, which of course was a Dodge Ram Hemi 1500, but I also went skiing for the first time!!


I have wanted to learn how to ski for the longest time and I never could because either it was competition time for skating or there were meets for track and cross-country, but finally it was time. 


It definitely took some getting used to, but having a skating background made it a little easier adjusting to the concept.  Sometimes I will say though I thought I had my skates on and tried to take a turn a little too sharp and well that didn’t turn out the greatest.  I have a whole new outlook and appreciation for those that compete and make a living out of skiing and snowboarding. 


Believe it or not, even though we went to the mountain to ski and snowboard, a few days later it was sunny and warm outside.  It was probably the first time we had seen the sun in what felt like ages.  We were even able to layout in the sun in between shows and I found a few back roads to go running on during the off time. 


And even though the time was becoming more and more limited with the shows, there was still time for visiting. 

This week it was quite a nice surprise because not only was I able to see my parents, but my grandma and sister also came for a visit as well as extended family and a college friend!


So, the long bus ride made it all worth it and topping it all off, there was a Culver’s right across the parking lot and the custard was amazing!  It was so yummy and it took us all back to all the trips after rehearsals in Florida at the start of this tour season. 


It is starting to wind down and it is crazy to think that we are over 300 shows now!

See you on the other side of the boarder!










No comments:

Post a Comment