Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The One Week City

St. Louis, Missouri 

So after our stint of spending two weeks in one city, which is very rare on the road, it has come to an end in St. Louis.  This was the first city in what feels like forever that we were only in one spot for about seven days.  Of course, it is when we have really large rooms that are spacious with a refrigerator and a microwave so we all want to stay for more than a week too.  Go figure, it’s just how this works.


And even though this was the second time that I had been in the city; we were performing in a different venue that had me all turned around because I kept thinking back to the arena we performed at last year. 

Sometimes it amazes me that cities are able to support two large arenas for different teams like that where each are just as popular in different markets. 


While the arenas were puzzling me, the city itself was not.  For one of the few times, things actually came back and I remembered where things were, like the Arch and the City Museum and along with that, the memories came flowing back as well. 

Since we were visiting the “Gateway to the West” in the winter, I was quite grateful that I was adventurous last time when the sun was shining and it was warm.  This time was quite a different story. 


Not only did the snow follow us and the two days that were in the 40’s and 50’s with sun disappeared to snow before we left, but of course flu season came back around and this time I was down for the count.  It was only a matter of time and well this was my time.

However, that did not completely stop me, because one of the off days I was able to make it out and of course find a reason to go shopping. 


With more items in my possession it was time to cram them back into my luggage and pray that my bags were not too heavy for another flight and this time it was across the boarder.

We were heading to Canada for the first time abroad for this tour. 

O Canada…O Canada…







No comments:

Post a Comment