Sunday, December 27, 2015

Fairytale Land

Anaheim, California

It was time to go to Disneyland!  As if we don’t get enough Disney every day of our lives, it was time to experience the real thing at the park and it was my first time!  I never went as a little kid, I never went on a vacation, and when I was in the area a few years ago I never made it either.  So, this time I couldn’t pass it up. 


Maybe we were some of the oldest big kids there and maybe we were a little critical, but we were just letting the little kid inside of ourselves let loose. 


I was so excited to meet Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in their Christmas attire and we saw Goofy and Pluto from afar along with Cruella de Vil, Arielle, and Tiana. 


And when were weren’t exploring Frontier World or Adventure World, we were in all the hustle and bustle of Star Wars and in and out of New Orleans tasting some of the yummiest treats we could find. 


Traveling all around the world and in and out of different galaxies, we were exploring all the shops that lined the streets all decorated in their Christmas-best.  Even the rides like Small World were holiday themed!  I finally know now what one of my previous show numbers was about.  It was so surreal.  I was all warm and fuzzy on the inside and the holiday spirit was becoming more and more prevalent.


Just in time for our company Christmas dinner.  It brought all of us together at just the right time and maybe there wasn’t snow on the ground and we wont have a white Christmas, but its still that time of year.  And as the saying goes, its not what is under the tree, but who is around the tree and being on the road really makes you realize what you are grateful for.  We are all away from home and missing our family right now, but we do have each other and are all very grateful for that. 


So its time to start counting down until the big day!  See you all in Ontario, CA!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment