Thursday, December 3, 2015

Olympic Fever

Vancouver, Canada

Welcome to Vancouver, Canada – Probably the most excited I have ever been crossing the boarder. 


Ever since I was a little girl I always dreamed of going to the 2010 Winter Olympics in Canada.  Well, that time came and went and I did not compete in the games, but now I was finally here and able to see where the most famed competition took place. 


Not only was I able to see where the torch was lit, but I also had the experience of a lifetime performing with the show on the very ice that the Figure Skating Competition took place on during the Olympics. 


And just like the State Farm commercials always say,” Little girls have big dreams too.”  I was loving every minute of it and looking back now it almost doesn’t seem real.  I couldn’t believe it, but I had to and I had to live in the moment taking everything in. 


That, along with all the yummy food and even though we did not have a meal on Thanksgiving, we still did get our turkey dinner.


There was also some family time as well as seeing familiar faces from the ice show business and meeting new friends and family and what made the holiday seem a little more like a holiday was watching the famous Macy’s Day Parade!  Some traditions never change even if I am a million miles away from home. 


Being so far away is difficult some times, but it does offer opportunities to see things that I may have never been able to, such as the downtown area called Gastown where it’s all about places to eat and shop.  And then there is Rogers Arena, where the Canucks play as well as Stanley Park, Canada Place, and the Capilano Suspension Bridge.  Something a little smaller than all of these places, are seaplanes!  I have never seen a seaplane before other than in movies so it was an interesting experience to see them floating along the coast as well as how they take off and land in the water.  Sometimes it’s all about the little things. 


And just like that we were headed back to the states to the ski capital of the world!

  




No comments:

Post a Comment